Links & Resources for Girls & Families
Family Resources for the QSP Program
What is QSP?
The QSP program — the Fall Product Sales Program which is quick, simple, and profitable — runs from October 1 through November 1. Girls sell magazine subscriptions, photo keepsakes, nuts, and candy to earn money for their troop. Girls will be able to communicate the components of the QSP sale to their family and friends through online ordering, through paper order forms, or through address booklets. Girls will receive recognitions based on their total sales (or Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops, can choose to earn a higher percentage of proceeds instead of receiving recognitions.)
This year's theme is Be Active! Dive In! As part of the QSP Program, girls learn five essential skills including:
- Goal Setting
- Business Ethics
Magazine/Nut Online Program
Send emails to friends and family through the
Magazine/Nut Online Program.
Customers will receive an email allowing them to shop for magazines
and photo keepsake products
online and submit their payments directly to QSP. New this year, they
can also buy nuts and candy online. Through the Online Program,
customers can choose from even more nut and candy selections than on the
paper order card! Make sure to sign the Internet Safety Pledge before you start using the program.
How can I help?
• Review with your girl the information she receives from her leader, including the Family Newsletter and the ordering information for nuts, candies, magazines, and photo keepsakes.
• Help your girl develop her customer list.
• Accompany your girl when she is selling her products.
• If your girl will be marketing online, read and sign the Internet Safety Pledge.Then supervise her as she visits the Magazine/Nut Online Program site to send emails to friends and family.
• Visit whatcanagirldo.com, the QSP/Ashdon Farms online portal, where girls, with parent/guardian supervision can participate in fun online activities that tie into the QSP program.
• Please keep in mind the following key dates:
- Sale period is from October 1 – November 1, 2014.
- Check with the troop QSP volunteer for the deadline for turning in orders and payment the first week of November.
- Nut/candy orders that girls took on their paper order cards will arrive the first week of December; check with the troop QSP volunteer about when/where to pick up nut/candy orders.
- Recognitions will arrive by mid-January.
• When it is time to turn in your materials, please enclose in your Girl Scout’s envelope the following items:
- magazine and To Remember This! order forms,
- nut and candy order form,
- completed address booklet,
- print-out of Girl Online Sales Report and payments. Payment must be received when orders are taken. Checks are written to “Girl Scouts of Connecticut” with the troop number in the memo area and customer’s phone number written on the check.
• Congratulate your girl on doing a great job in the QSP Program!
Ways for customers to show their support
Nuts and Candy
Order Cards: Customers can purchase 15 different products on the order cards. This year we are offering a new item, English Butter Toffee, along with a collectable holiday tin. Girls record customers’ orders and collect payment at the time the order is placed. Nuts and candies ordered on the order card will arrive in early December.
Customers who would like to make a donation to the Share Program
can do so on the paper order card. Each donation of $5.00 will purchase
one can of Honey Roasted Peanuts to be donated to the American Red
Cross, Connecticut Chapter.
Girls can continue to offer customers an opportunity to purchase
magazines online. Both paper and digital subscriptions for a wide
variety interests are available. Customers will pay for their
subscriptions with a credit or debit card and should expect to receive
their first issue in 6-10 weeks.
Girls can now send emails to customers, and they can purchase nut and
candy products online. Customers will pay for their products and
shipping using a credit or debit card, and should expect to receive
their nuts/candy in 5-7 days.
For customers who prefer to peruse a catalog, family and friends can
browse the paper catalog and order magazines using the hard copy order
forms. Girls collect the completed forms and payment at the time the
order is placed, and customers should expect to receive the first issue
in 12-16 weeks.
NEW! To Remember This! Photo Keepsakes
Girls may offer digital and photo keepsakes to customers through a
new partnership between QSP and To Remember This! Customers may purchase
prepaid certificates to create books, cards, posters, and calendars
with their own digital photos. To Remember This! items will be available
online via a link in the email girls send to customers AND in a catalog
girls will receive in their QSP packet.
For more information about the QSP Program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 922-2770 ext. 3305.