Links & Resources for Girls & Families
Family Resources for the QSP Program
What is QSP?
The QSP program — the fall product sales program which is quick, simple, and profitable — ran from October 1 through November 1. Nuts and candies should be delivered in early December so keep your eyes out for them! Girls sell magazine subscriptions, nuts, and candy to earn money for their troop. Girls will be able to communicate the components of the QSP sale to their family and friends through online ordering, through paper order forms, or through address booklets. Girls will receive recognitions based on their total sales (or Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops, can choose to earn a higher percent of proceeds instead of receiving recognitions.)
This year's theme was Be Your Best You! As part of the QSP Program, girls learn five essential skills including:
- Goal Setting
- Business Ethics
How can I help?
• Review with your girl the information she receives from her leader, including the Family Letter and the ordering information for nuts and candies or magazines.(Para la Carta a la Familia en Español, haga clic aquí.)
• Help your girl develop her customer list.
• Accompany your girl when she is selling her products.
• If your girl will be marketing online, read and sign the Internet Safety Pledge.Then supervise her as she visits the QSP/Nut Online Program site to send emails to friends and family.
• Visit whatcanagirldo.com, the QSP/Ashdon Farms online portal, where girls, with parent/guardian supervision can participate in fun online activities that tie into the QSP program.
• Please keep in mind the following key dates:
- Sale period is from October 1 – November 1, 2013.
- Check with the troop QSP volunteer for the deadline for turning in orders and payment the first week of November.
- Nut/candy orders will arrive the first week of December; check with the troop QSP volunteer about when/where to pick up nut/candy orders.
- Recognitions will arrive by mid-January.
• When it is time to turn in your materials, please enclose in your Girl Scout’s envelope the following items:
- magazine order forms,
- nut and candy order form,
- completed address booklet,
- print-out of Girl Online Sales Report,
- and payments. Payment must be received when orders are taken. Checks are written to “Girl Scouts of Connecticut” with the troop number in the memo area and customer’s phone number written on the check.
• Congratulate your girl on doing a great job in the QSP Program!
Four ways for customers to show their support
Online Magazine Orders
Ordering magazines online is quick, simple, and "green." Girls, with parent/guardian supervision, send emails via the QSP/Nut online portal to family and friends inviting them to shop online for magazines. Customers order magazines through the online site and pay QSP directly via credit card.
Catalog Magazine Orders
Families and friends browse through the catalog and complete the Magazine Order Form(s) with their selections.
Girls collect the completed forms and full payment at the time the order is placed.
Nut and Candy Orders
Customers choose from a wide selection of nut and candy treats, and fill in order card with their selections. Girls collect payment at this time and turn it in with their order card.
Address booklets allow family and friends who live away to support a Girl Scout by purchasing and/or renewing magazine subscriptions.
QSP mails the coupons from the booklets by first class mail to each address.
Names and addresses are not sold or shared by QSP. Ordering information is sent directly to the person listed on the coupon.
For more information about the QSP Program please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 922-2770 ext. 3305.