Links & Resources for Girls & Families
Parent Guide to the QSP Program
What is QSP?
The QSP program — the fall product sales program which is quick, simple, and profitable — runs from October 12 through November 2. Girls sell magazine subscriptions, nuts, and candy to earn money for their troop. Girls will be able to communicate the components of the QSP sale to their family and friends through online ordering, through hand-written order forms, or through address booklets. Girls will receive recognitions based on their total sales (or Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops, can choose to earn a higher percent of proceeds instead of receiving recognitions.)
This year's theme is What Can a Girl Do? As part of the QSP Program, girls learn five essential skills including:
- Goal Setting
- Business Ethics
QSP/Nut Online Program
Send emails to friends and family through the QSP/Nut Online Program.
Customers will receive an email allowing them to shop for magazines
online and submit their payments directly to QSP. They can also make a
promise to buy nuts or candy (payment and delivery are arranged by the
Girl Scout). Make sure to sign the Internet Safety Pledge before you start using the program.
Every Girl Scout that reaches $125 in total sales will be entered into a drawing to win two tickets to the Mystic Aquarium “Penguin Encounter,” which will also include a day at Mystic Aquarium. Along with getting to shake fins with a penguin, girls will have the opportunity to sit in a circle as an African penguin walks freely among the group, providing each person with a unique face-to-face penguin experience. Participants also get an opportunity to listen to the penguin's heartbeat, feel their soft feathers, and ask the trainer questions.
How can I help?
• Review with your girl the information she receives from her leader, including the Parent Letter and the ordering information for nuts and candies or magazines.(Para la Carta a la Familia en Español, haga clic aquí.)
• Help your girl develop her customer list.
• Accompany your girl when she is selling her products.
• If your girl will be marketing online, read and sign the Internet Safety Pledge.Then supervise her as she visits the QSP/Nut Online Program site to send emails to friends and family.
• Remind your girl of important deadlines for the program.
• When it is time to turn in your materials, please enclose in your Girl Scout’s envelope the following items: magazine order forms, nut and candy order form, completed address booklet, print-out of QSP Online Ordering Detailed Order Report, and payments. Payment must be received when orders are taken. Checks are written to “Girl Scouts of Connecticut” with the troop number in the memo area and customer’s phone number written on the check.
• Congratulate your girl on doing a great job in the QSP Program!
Four ways for customers to show their support
Online Magazine Orders
Ordering magazines online is quick, simple, and "green." Girls, with parent/guardian supervision, send emails to family and friends inviting them to shop online for magazines. Customers order magazines through the online site and pay QSP directly via credit card.
Catalog Magazine Orders
Families and friends browse through the catalog and complete the Magazine Order Form(s) with their selections.
Girls collect the completed forms and full payment at the time the order is placed.
Nut and Candy Orders
Customers choose from a wide selection of nut and candy treats, and fill in order card with their selections. Girls collect payment at this time and turn it in with their order card.
Address booklets allow family and friends who live away to support a Girl Scout by purchasing and/or renewing magazine subscriptions.
QSP mails the coupons from the booklets by first class mail to each address.
Names and addresses are not sold or shared by QSP. Ordering information is sent directly to the person listed on the coupon.
For more information about the QSP Program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 922-2770 ext. 3350.