Links & Resources for Girls & Families
Family Resources for the QSP Program
What is QSP?
QSP is GSOFCT’s fall Product Program that allows customers to support Girl Scouting through the purchase of magazines, photo keepsakes, and delicious nuts and candies. This year’s QSP program will run from October 1 through November 1, 2016. Girls are encouraged to Be Brilliant! and Shine On! through the QSP Program.QSP is a quick, simple, and profitable way for Girl Scout troops to earn essential start-up money for their annual troop activities. Girls will receive recognitions based on their total sales (or Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops, can choose to earn a higher percentage of proceeds instead of receiving recognitions.)
As part of the QSP Program, girls learn five essential skills including:
- Goal Setting
- Business Ethics
QSP Online Program
Girls can Be Brilliant and Shine On through the QSP Online Program.
Set up your online store, create a cool koala avatar, and more!
Starting October 1, you can email friends and family, allowing them to
shop for, nuts, candies, magazines, and photo keepsake products online
and submit their payments directly to QSP. Make sure to sign the Internet Safety Pledge and watch the training video or read the Family Instructions before you start using the program.
How can I help?
• Review with your girl the information she receives from her leader, including the Family Newsletter and the ordering information for nuts, candies, magazines, and photo keepsakes.
• Help your girl develop her customer list.
• Accompany your girl when she is selling her products.
• If your girl will be marketing online, read and sign the Internet Safety Pledge. You can watch the training video together and learn how to get set up. Then supervise her as she visits the QSP Online Program site to send emails to friends and family.
• Please keep in mind the following key dates:
- Sale period is from October 1 – November 1, 2016.
- Check with the troop QSP volunteer for the deadline for turning in orders and payment the first week of November.
- Nut/candy orders that girls took on their paper order cards will arrive the first week of December; check with the troop QSP volunteer about when/where to pick up nut/candy orders.
- Recognitions will arrive by mid-January.
• When it is time to turn in your materials, please enclose in your Girl Scout’s envelope the following items:
- magazine and To Remember This! order forms,
- nut and candy order form,
- completed address booklet,
- payments for all orders taken via order card or catalog. Payment must be received when orders are taken. Checks are written to “Girl Scouts of Connecticut” with the troop number in the memo area and customer’s phone number written on the check.
• Congratulate your girl on doing a great job in the QSP Program!
Ways for customers to show their support
Nuts and Candy
Online: Girls can email customers, and they can purchase nut and candy products online. There's an expanded selection of items online including new items Girl Scout Nut Lovers Gift Pack and Mocha Cups. Customers will pay for their products and shipping using a credit or debit card, and should expect to receive their nuts/candy in 5-7 days.
Order Cards: Customers can purchase many different products on the order cards. This year we are offering two new items on the order card, Honey Mustard Pretzel Mix and Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts with Peanuts, along with a collectable Girl Scout tin. Girls record customers’ orders and collect payment at the time the order is placed. Nuts and candies ordered on the order card will arrive in early December.
Customers who would like to make a donation to the Share Program can do so on the paper order card. Each donation of $5.00 will purchase one can of Honey Roasted Peanuts to be donated to the American Red Cross, Connecticut Chapter.
Online: Girls can continue to offer customers an opportunity to purchase magazines online. Both paper and digital subscriptions for a wide variety interests are available. Customers will pay for their subscriptions with a credit or debit card and should expect to receive their first issue in 6-10 weeks.
Catalog: For customers who prefer to peruse a catalog, family and friends can browse the paper catalog and order magazines using the hard copy order forms. Girls collect the completed forms and payment at the time the order is placed, and customers should expect to receive the first issue in 12-16 weeks.
To Remember This! Photo Keepsakes
Online: Girls may offer digital and photo keepsakes to customers through a the partnership between QSP and To Remember This! Customers pay and design their books, cards, posters, and calendars with their own digital photos all online.
Catalog: Make sure customers check out the To Remember This! section of the magazine catalog to purchase prepaid certificates to create keepsake items using their own digital photos.
For more information about the QSP Program please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 922-2770.