Links & Resources for Girls & Families
Family Resources for the QSP Program
What is QSP?
QSP is GSOFCT’s fall Product Sale that allows customers to support Girl Scouting through the purchase of magazines, photo keepsakes, and delicious nuts and candies. This year’s QSP program will run from October 1 through November 1, 2015. Girls are encouraged to Reach New Heights! and Be Spotacular! through the QSP Program. QSP is a quick, simple, and profitable way for Girl Scout troops to earn essential start-up money for their annual troop activities. Girls will receive recognitions based on their total sales (or Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops, can choose to earn a higher percentage of proceeds instead of receiving recognitions.)
As part of the QSP Program, girls learn five essential skills including:
- Goal Setting
- Business Ethics
Magazine/Nut Online Program
Girls can Reach New Heights and Be Spotacular through the Magazine/Nut Online Program.
Set up your online store, create a cool giraffe avatar, and more! Starting October 1, you can email friends and family, allowing them to shop for, nuts, candies, magazines, and photo keepsake products online and submit their payments directly to QSP. Through the Online Program,
customers can choose from even more nut and candy selections than on the
paper order card! Make sure you sign the Internet Safety Pledge and watch the training video or read the Family Instructions before you start using the program.
How can I help?
• Review with your girl the information she receives from her leader, including the Family Newsletter and the ordering information for nuts, candies, magazines, and photo keepsakes.
• Help your girl develop her customer list.
• Accompany your girl when she is selling her products.
• If your girl will be marketing online, read and sign the Internet Safety Pledge. You can watch the training video together and learn how to get set up. Then supervise her as she visits the Magazine/Nut Online Program site to send emails to friends and family.
• Visit whatcanagirldo.com, the QSP/Ashdon Farms online portal, where girls, with parent/guardian supervision can participate in fun online activities that tie into the QSP program.
• Please keep in mind the following key dates:
- Sale period is from October 1 – November 1, 2015.
- Check with the troop QSP volunteer for the deadline for turning in orders and payment the first week of November.
- Nut/candy orders that girls took on their paper order cards will arrive the first week of December; check with the troop QSP volunteer about when/where to pick up nut/candy orders.
- Recognitions will arrive by mid-January.
• When it is time to turn in your materials, please enclose in your Girl Scout’s envelope the following items:
- magazine and To Remember This! order forms,
- nut and candy order form,
- completed address booklet,
- print-out of Girl Online Sales Report and payments. Payment must be received when orders are taken. Checks are written to “Girl Scouts of Connecticut” with the troop number in the memo area and customer’s phone number written on the check.
• Congratulate your girl on doing a great job in the QSP Program!
Ways for customers to show their support
Nuts and Candy
Order Cards: Customers can purchase many different products on the order cards. This year we are offering two new items on the order card, Dark Chocolate Caramel Caps with Sea Salt and Black Forest Trail Mix, along with a collectable Girl Scout tin. Girls record customers’ orders and collect payment at the time the order is placed. Nuts and candies ordered on the order card will arrive in early December.
Customers who would like to make a donation to the Share Program can do so on the paper order card. Each donation of $5.00 will purchase one can of Honey Roasted Peanuts to be donated to the American Red Cross, Connecticut Chapter.
Online: Girls can email customers, and they can purchase nut and candy products online. There's an expanded selection of items online including new items Honey Mustard Trail Mix and Macadamia Nuts. Customers will pay for their products and shipping using a credit or debit card, and should expect to receive their nuts/candy in 5-7 days.
Catalog: For customers who prefer to peruse a catalog, family and friends can browse the paper catalog and order magazines using the hard copy order forms. Girls collect the completed forms and payment at the time the order is placed, and customers should expect to receive the first issue in 12-16 weeks.
Online: Girls can continue to offer customers an opportunity to purchase magazines online. Both paper and digital subscriptions for a wide variety interests are available. Customers will pay for their subscriptions with a credit or debit card and should expect to receive their first issue in 6-10 weeks.
New Options for Magazine Orders!
If customers are not interested in purchasing a magazine for themselves, the QSP Program offers three options for them to purchase magazines to give as gifts, or donate to others! See the magazine catalog for complete details.
Girls Helping Girls
Customers can give a gift to a girl and her family by purchasing a pre-paid certificate that can be redeemed for a magazine subscription. The $20 purchase supports the girl and her troop, the council, and provides reading material to a girl in need.
Customers can choose to purchase a magazine(four titles to choose from) to support a select charity. The $25 purchase price includes a $5 donation to the charity and a $20 giftsubscription that will be distributed by the charity to those in need.
Magazine Gift Cards
Customers can purchase Magazine Gift Cards to give as gifts or to give the gift of reading to others. $20, $25, and $50 denominations are available. Gift cards can be shipped to the customer or directly to the recipient.
To Remember This! Photo Keepsakes
Girls may offer digital and photo keepsakes to customers through a the partnership between QSP and To Remember This! Customers may purchase prepaid certificates to create books, cards, posters, and calendars with their own digital photos. To Remember This! items will be available online via a link in the email girls send to customers AND in a catalog girls will receive in their QSP packet.
For more information about the QSP Program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 922-2770.