Girl Scout Internet Safety Pledge*
for all Girl Scouts (Revised for 2010)
- I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number(s), parent's or guardians' work address/telephone number(s), and the name and location of my school without the permission of my parent or guardian.
- I will tell an adult right away if I come across or receive any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will always follow the rules of Internet sites, including those rules that are based on age of use, parental approval and knowledge, and public laws.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents or guardians. If my parents or guardian agree to a meeting, I will arrange it in a public place and bring a parent or guardian along.
- I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parent or guardian.
- I will talk with my parent or guardian so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide on the time of day that I can be online, the length of time that I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
- I will not use the Internet to collect money for Girl Scout products, and I will follow all safety guidelines related to Girl Scout product sales.
- I will practice online "netiquette" (good manners) at all times when online.
- I won't spam others.
- I will not bully nor will I tolerate bullying (and I will always tell a trusted adult if this is a problem).
- I won't use bad language.
- I will be guided by the Girl Scout Promise and Law in all that I do online.
Girl Name ____________________________________ Date __________
Parent or Guardian _____________________________ Date __________
*The GSUSA Online Safety Pledge is based upon the Online Safety Pledge developed by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
For a printable version, click here.