Girls ages 14-17* can join us on this amazing leadership journey with prominent businesswomen, including our own new CEO, Mary Barneby. Discover how your interests, skills, and dreams can translate into you being a leader. Enjoy traditional camp activities as you connect with prominent businesswomen who will share their life lessons and leadership journey. You and your CEO buddy will discover, connect, and take action to make the world a better place. (*Girls who are 18 and still in high school are also welcome)
This year's Camp CEO program will take place at Camp Laurel from June 25-28. The fee is $275. Click here to register.
Along with our own CEO, Mary Barneby, girls will join these local women:
- Shalu Arora, Senior Talent Consultant, Baystate Health
- Michele Etzel, Sr. Vice President and CFO, National Graphics, Inc.
- Stephanie Fielding, Elder/Linguist, Mohegan Tribe
- Valarie Gelb, President, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, TheBarnYardGroup
- Leslie Karen Hammond, Founder of S.O.A.R., Unique Strategies for Women Leaders
- Shirley Jackson, Professor, Southern CT State University
- Tracy Knofla, Co-Owner, High Impact Training
- Suzanne B. Peters, Vice President, The Fund for Women and Girls, Fairfield County Community Foundation
- Olivia Puckett, Legislative Clerk, The Council on Medical Assistance Program Oversight, Connecticut General Assembly
- Sheryl Sleeva, Senior Vice President/Group Head, Loyalty Solutions, MasterCard Worldwide
- Jill Zamparo, Chef & Director of University Special Events, University of New Haven)
Financial Assistance - Camperships are available on a limited basis. Click here for the application. The $20 deposit is required to process the camp registration; however, if your camper is not granted financial assistance, the deposit will be refunded. If you have questions about the deposit fee, please call the Registration Department at (800) 922-2770.
Thank You Camp CEO Participants!
Along with our own CEO, Mary Barneby, 2013's participants included:
- Shalu Arora, President of Skylightsys
- Dr. Cynthia Barnett, Life Coach, Founder of the Saturday Academy
- Chef Claire Criscuolo, Chef, Claire's Corner Copia
- Stephanie "Morning Fire" Fielding, Elder, Mohegan Tribe
- Rosa Gatti, Former Senior Vice President of ESPN
- Valarie Gelb, President of the Connecticut Chapter of the International Women's Forum
- Denise B. Hall, Senior Vice President Treasury Sales Manager Webster Bank
- Elizabeth Herlihy, Business Development Executive, New Haven Chamber of Commerce
- Monika Mantilla, President and CEO of Altura Capital
- Vicki O’Meara, Executive Vice President and President at Pitney Bowes Services Solutions
- Fran Pastore, President of the Women’s Business Development Council
- Sheryl Sleeva, Senior Vice President of MasterCard
- Stacey Tisdale, Financial Correspondent for PBS national newsmagazine show Need to Know
- GSOFCT Board President Teresa Younger, Executive Director of the Permanent Commission on the Status of Women
The 2010 Camp CEO hosted 24 girls and some of
Connecticut's top women executives who shared their life lessons and
leadership skills with girls from across the state. Click here for more information and here for photos from the camp.
In 2009, 22 Girl Scouts and 12 Connecticut business executives had the opportunity to exchange stories, share life experiences, and enjoy nature during four days of camping fun. Click here to see what they had to say in the Camp CEO scrapbook!