Camp CEO: A Unique Leadership Opportunity!
May 17, 2013
At Girl Scouts of Connecticut’s Camp CEO, some of Connecticut’s top female executives will come together with young women to lead in fun camping activities, share, and experience wonderful memories and leadership activities that will last a lifetime. Camp CEO will be held at Camp Laurel in Lebanon from June 30 – July 3, 2013.
For four days and three nights, young women between the ages of 14-17, alongside female executives, will embrace the wonders of Girl Scout camp and learn more about leadership, character, and taking action to make the world a better place. There are still spaces available for girls to sign up! Girls do not have to be Girl Scouts to participate in this amazing weekend. Girls who are 18 and still in high school are also encouraged to attend Camp CEO.
Camp CEO allows girls to hike in the woods, munch on campfire s’mores alongside their mentors, and learn important team building and leadership skills from high-powered professional women participating in the same activities. Girls will receive invaluable career development advice, learn about different styles of leadership, and discover what leadership means to them and about the type of leader they would like to be.
Both returning and new executives will be a part of this year’s Camp CEO. They include:
• Vicki O’Meara, Executive Vice President & President, Pitney Bowes Services Solutions
• Sheryl Sleeva, Senior Vice President, Cardholder Solutions MasterCard Worldwide
• Monika Mantilla, President and CEO, Altura Capital
• Denise B. Hall, Senior Vice President and Treasury Sales Manager, Webster Bank
• Stephanie “Morning Fire” Fielding, Elder, Mohegan Tribe
• Stacy Tisdale, Financial Correspondent for PBS’ national newsmagazine show, “Need to Know”
• Fran Pastore, CEO, Women’s Business Development Council
• Valarie Gelb, President, Connecticut Chapter of the International Women’s Forum
• Shalu Arora, President, Skylightsys
• Maureen Gorman, President, Connecticut Women’s Forum
• Elizabeth Herlihy, Business Development Executive, New Haven Chamber of Commerce
• Claire Criscuolo, Chef, Claire’s Corner Copia, and 2012 Woman of Achievement honoree
• Rosa Gatti, Former Senior Vice President, ESPN
• Dr. Cynthia Barnett, Life Coach, Founder of Saturday Academy
• Teresa C. Younger, Executive Director, Permanent Commission on the Status of Women
“Camp CEO is a wonderful opportunity for both female leaders and our Girl Scouts to experience the outdoors while sharing their stories and time with each other,” said Mary Barneby, CEO, Girl Scouts of Connecticut. “Camp CEO is a journey of success, as our girls gain lifelong leadership skills for the future. Together, we can get her there and help our girls achieve any level of success they aspire or dream to accomplish.”
The cost is $255 for the session and financial assistance is available. Click here to register, or call 1-800-922-2770.